Founder, curator and art director, Giuseppe Palumbo created the Eldorado Springs Art Center in 2000.
Previously a dilapidated Volvo repair shop it has been renovated into his sculpture studio in the mountains near Boulder Co. Additional artist studios, sculpture garden, gallery, overnight lodging and community space have been created.
It is based on the principles of,
1. Art is an essential component of a healthy society.
2. Supporting arts and other artists.
3. Building and supporting Community
4. Being engaged with current events through art and purposeful action.
5. Sustainable practices
6. True wealth is what we do and share, not what we have
We work with artists from multiple disciplines including sculptors, painters, poets, writers, glass, jewelry, musicians, fashion design, graphic artists and creative nonprofits.
In addition the facility can be rented for private event functions and retreats.